EEOC Turns to SII for Building An In-House Contact Center
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) customer contact center is staffed by approximately 61 EEOC employees located across 15 localized field offices throughout the country, creating a single “virtual” unit which responds to emails and answers calls coming from their nationwide toll-free number. The unit comprises of managers, supervisors, quality control and two levels of agents, with Tier I handling all frontline incoming calls and Tier II handling all escalation, emails and specialized transactions.
The EEOC wanted to move their call answering functions from a contractor operated function to an in-house customer contact center, and required hosted (cloud-based) telephony services. The technology had to allow EEOC to effectively and efficiently answer calls (English, Spanish, and Interpreter 3rd Party Relay) and emails from the public, monitor the quality of services and report on all aspects of system and agent usage, as well as allow for accurately tracking of trends and demographics.
A complete customized – fully hosted and supported Genesys PureConnect solution:
- Including Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), Call Recording, Interactive Response (IVR), Call Routing, Reporting Analytics, and Workforce Management
- With a CTI integration to RightNow Technology customer relationship management (CRM) application
- Based on SII’s “Assured Availability Architecture”, configured with redundant components in a “Fail-Over and N+ Configuration”.
SII designed and is still providing a turnkey hosted Genesys PureConnect solution that is fully compliant with the strategic objectives and functional requirements for the EEOC contact center and capable of handling at a minimum 60,000 monthly IVR hits, 40,000 monthly inbound transferred to agent phone and 500 monthly outbound/callbacks.
SII successfully implemented the Call Processing and Management System (CPMS) within 120 days from the original contract award in 2008, managed the contract through 2014 and won the re-compete, which shows our ability to be a long term partner to our customers as well as proof of our professional project management, technical competency, highly personalized and attentive service.
- SII operates and maintains the ACD, IVR and computer telephony integration (CTI) software that performs the call routing functions, including automated collection of demographic information, screen pops, and reverse number lookup and populating EEOC office workstation screens.
- SII provides an IVR, available 24 hours a day, to provide callers with information about the EEOC.
- SII coordinated with EEOC technical staff and third party system providers to install the digital T-1’s and to implement a network interface to the EEOC’s RightNow CRM application for use by EEOC employees in the field offices to perform their customer response function.
- SII help desk staff monitors the Genesys infrastructure and coordinates with EEOC staff and the telecommunications vendor to troubleshoot and resolve routing and other technical issues and problems.
- SII help desk staff maintain a trouble ticketing system to track and report on issues, problems and resolutions.
- SII provides train-the-trainer sessions for EEOC employees in the use of the new system, and training to system administrators for moves, adds, and changes (MACs) as well as reporting related functions.
- SII assigned a Program Manager (PM) to oversee the contract. The PM developed and managed adherence to the implementation plan and assumed all responsibility for interface with the interexchange carrier, other providers, consultants, and EEOC personnel, and is the coordinator of all project status meetings.
- Microsoft Office Project software is utilized to document the numerous tasks required and to track the project schedule.
- The SII and EEOC teams coordinated the installations from both locations with no delay and completed the tasks in a timely fashion to the satisfaction of the customer.
The EEOC minimized its capital investment and technical support requirements by outsourcing the contact center infrastructure, technical support, and maintenance to SII. SII was awarded the re-compete to support the EEOC for the next 5 years.